The third and final update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 introduces more characters, avatars, and features for the game.
SEGA has released the update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
This free content will also be made available on the Steam version when it releases later this month on March 23.
Coming less than three months after the game’s official release, this final update brings plenty of new features to dive into:
- New playable characters — Harpy, a kind-hearted winged girl who loves to sing but is tragically off-pitch, can buff your party’s MP Recovery in Skill Battle mode; Legamünt, a member of the holy knighthood with unmatched abilities, holds the power to increase your party’s Attack while reducing the opponent’s Defense by a percentage; Ragnus, a justice-focused hero from another realm who mysteriously took on a child’s form, can remove debuffs inflicted on friends, among other skills; Rozatte, a teacher-like figure who mentors those apprenticing in magic, is able to fortify your team and remove several rows of Tetriminos from the board
- Spectator mode — Competitive League and casual Free Play matches can now be spectated by up to four viewers online who can cheer on players and even place their guesses on which competitor will come out victorious
- Background tracks — Enjoy four great new songs, like “Escape from the City (Cash Cash RMX)” from Sonic Generations, to find the right tune for your match!
- New avatars — 20 more to choose from, fitting every player’s customization preferences
- Added difficulty level – Take on Boss Raid Mode with the highest stakes possible through a new difficulty level – Super Spicy mode – for players who are ready to take their skills over the top
This new content will be available immediately after downloading and installing the latest update.
The game released on December 8, 2020, and since then, SEGA has released three post-launch content updates which included 12 playable characters, online game features, 11 background music tracks, 60 player avatars, and accessibility improvements.