Maneater, the RPG where you take on the role of a Bull Shark, is out now and so are the reviews.
Maneater has been released, and we’ve rounded the reviews up for you.
In the game, the lead antagonist is Scaly Pete, and star of the in-game wildlife reality television show, Shark Hunters vs Maneaters. The fisherman hates sharks because one killed his father.
The show pits Scaly Pete (voiced by Chris Parnell) against a baby Bull Shark that was “torn from his mother’s belly.”
“These dueling tales of revenge between man and man-eater play out in-game as players lead the young baby shark on its journey to becoming the ultimate apex predator,” reads the game description.
But not only will you have to contend with Scaly Pete, but there’s also plenty of dangers lurking in the open ocean, swamps, and rivers.
Here’s a list of features:
- Eat: Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf: Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean, and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend: Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story: Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat: Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
Announced at E3 2018, Maneater is out now on PC through the Epic Games Store, and on PS4 and Xbox One. Tripwire has plans to launch later in 2020 on Nintendo Switch, and it will release on other PC platforms 12 months later.
Reviews below are based on ten being the highest unless noted.
Maneater review scores