Codemasters has revealed the car classes that will be available in Dirt 5.
There will be 12 car classes in Dirt 5, and Codemasters has provided plenty of information on each.
Closer to release, a full list of every car in the game will be provided, but for now, the studio has outlined the off-road vehicle classes which will be made available.
Information on the car classes can be found below, straight from Codemasters.
Dirt 5 Car Classes
- Cross Raid: Built specifically to overcome tough terrain, our Cross Raid class combines speed, strength, and durability for some truly awesome trucks, including the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road, making its video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage, and that’s about it. Oh, and you’re in the middle of it all. Dirt 5’s rock bouncer is purpose-built to conquer the most intimidating terrain. Use its traction, acceleration, and flat-out stubbornness to beat all obstacles in our most extreme events.
- Rally Cross: A staple of Dirt games, the cars in our rally cross-class are designed for all-terrain speed and getting sideways as soon as possible. Perfect for our tighter circuits and twisty corners, the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5 can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off-Road: This class houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-road beast with huge ridged tires and incredible power. Ideal for Dirt 5’s Stampede events, the Formula Off-Road class is where you go for something capable of negotiating just about anything – and fast.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with iconic machines that popularized the concept of going fast and flat-out on any possible terrain. From the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally to the Porsche 924 GTS Rallye, these off-road heroes will remind you that age is but a number with some serious power and performance.
- 80s Rally: A golden age of off-road racing, no DIRT game would be complete with some of the most successful off-road cars of the 1980s. We’re combining series favorites such as the Ford RS200, with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid, for a class that just gets better over time.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI. We’re also giving some love to the more pint-sized extreme machines of the 1990s – keep an eye out for those.
- Rally GT: Even the most refined GT cars built for tarmac can’t help but get DIRTy. The Rally GT class brings you these desirable cars kitted out with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4, and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: The Dirt 5 class dedicated to our truly incredible sprint car, sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings, and 900bhp – perfect to rip up dirt oval tracks and get sideways. A unique class for a unique racing experience.
- Pre Runners: Think of the best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles. Now think of them draped on off-road kit and suped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more to be revealed soon.
- Super Lites: Low on excess weight, high on action, these rockets have power-to-weight ratios that’ll make your eyes water. Have fun taming the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more. These compact cars are built for all-terrain speed and an all-out assault on the senses.
- Unlimited: Trucks. Big trucks. Trucks built for the most demanding off-road events in the world. Trucks that’ll give you the confidence to floor it and power over all the rugged terrain Dirt 5 has to offer. Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck, and more and show the most challenging events who’s really in charge.
The game will also feature 10 new locations, a career mode spanning five chapters, over 130 events, and dynamic weather which will change handling and gameplay feel.
You can pick the game up when it releases October 9 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It is also coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X. You can also expect it to arrive on Stadia in early 2021.